View From Study. Now With Added Wasps.
This is the current view from my study window. I looked, and it wasn’t there. I looked three hours later, and it was. We’ll have to get rid of it, of course, but it’s also pretty cool.
In other news, stuff keeps happening, so here are some bullet points until I can get back to blog properly.
- Yesterday, we interviewed drivers for the new car, which should be ready to drive in the next week or so. I’m glad Kirsty was there. All I want to know about a driver is whether they can actually drive. This creates a subsequent awkward lull in an interview. Kirsty was able to think of other things, none of which were irrelevant. In the end, one guy really stood out, in a pleasant, normal, easy sort of way. He starts on the first of April. My wife and I will be the sole employers of two whole people. These are strange and dangerous times.
- Hiram Grange picks up even more good reviews. Apparently, it’s not “just a series of books; it’s a force to be reckoned with…“. Which is nice. Though I’ve said it before, the third should be just around the corner (there’s been a slight delay, but all for the good). I saw the interior and cover art recently, and it’s mouthwatering.
- With all my Hiram excitement, I don’t want you to forget that we’re fast approaching the release of the Dark Faith anthology. It’s always difficult to tell before the publication date, when real readers (like you) get to read the book and talk about it, but advance interest has been quite intense on this one. It feels like it could be one of those ‘event anthologies’ that come along every now and again, and do something new and exciting. We’ll see. You should pre-order it, so you can be among the first to find out. In the meantime, here’s an interview about it (not with me, but with the editor).
- There are other things. Hints of good news and interesting stories to be told, but I can’t tell you about them yet. Sorry.
- Because of which, I have less to say than I originally thought. Erm. Seems a waste of bullet points really…
Tagged car, Dark Faith, driver, hiram grange, review, study, wasps